Monday, September 9, 2013

Truth

Like many (most?) Americans I've been following the disasterous situation in Syria.  Not the chemical attack, but our grossly incompetent response.  Obama has never looked so monumentally incoherent and fatuous.  His lack of strategy, his naive proposed response, his baldly clear political calculations...well, it's just a sad state of affairs.  More importantly it's scary.  Our national security strategy is now officially in the hands of amateurs.

So I've had this yearn to write a long rant about how depressing and disgusting the whole thing is.  But I've spent more time reading a lot of things than writing.  Plus I've been busy with my day job.  But today I stumbled on something with such clarity that hits the nail squarely on the head.  One of my favorite bloggers has a great post on the situation.  You can read it here.  Make sure you follow the link to the story.  If you want a simple, direct, truthful explanation of what's going on, you won't find a better article.

No comments: