Saturday, January 11, 2014

Stinging Indictment

I can't wait to read Robert Gates' new book.  The WSJ has had two excerpts of it this week.  You can read the latest here.  If the book is as good as the small excerpts, it's going to be a great read.



Anyone who reads this blog knows of my disdain for Obama.  He is easily the worst President of my lifetime.  And maybe of all time.  But if Gates' descriptions and stories are to be believed, it's even worse than I thought.

Like anyone, my life is shaped by my experiences.  Retired military.  Worked all my life.  Family.  Baby boomer.  Child of the sixties and all that entails.  I'm probably the epitome of that old saying that "if you aren't a liberal at 20 you have no heart and if you're not a conservative when you're 40 you have no brain".  I say that by way of explanation that I'm not some right wing nut.  I disdain the Tea Party as much as the liberal idiots who want to give away the store.

I will likely have more comments as I read the book.  But if the initial info regarding Obama's incompetence, his disdain for the military, and worst of all, his non-belief in the mission he was sending our troops to fight and die in are true, well then he's worse than I thought.  How in Gods green earth could a Commander in Chief do that?  How can he look at himself in the mirror?  How can any American not think he is the lowest of the low?  It's shameful!  It's morally bankrupt!  It's decidedly un-American!

No comments: