Saturday, February 8, 2014

Watching The Olympics

Every two years we are treated to the Olympics.  Oh I know, it's commercialized, politicized, and the athletes are incredibly pampered.  But still...it's the Olympics.  The best in the world.  To just compete is something special.  And especially for the Winter Games it's a chance to see so many things that we just don't usually get to see.  That is especially true for Americans.  I mean curling, speed skating, biathlon, cross country skiing, slope side, etc, etc.  It's really pretty cool to see all these sports.

The Olympics last for a couple weeks every two years.  So I want to see it all.  And I want to see the events.  As many as possible.  And here is where I just can't figure out NBC Sports.  It seems to be more about human interest stories, or political stories, or showcasing the Today Show knuckleheads, or some other inane story that makes no sense.  I used to really like Bob Costas.  But he seems to have decided he has the right to foist his political views on the rest of us.  It's stupid.

NBC has at least three (and probably more) networks that they could use to show events.  But today in the middle of the day on a weekend, none of them had the Olympics.  NBC had a cartoon, NBC Sports had a soccer game, and MSNBC had their usual liberal political drivel.  It was unbelievable.  I have no knowledge of how these things work but I really hope that at some point ESPN will bid on and win the rights to cover the Olympics.  They know how to do sports!

No comments: