Saturday, May 30, 2015

JOHN KASICH!


I've looked at them all in some detail.  They all have things to recommend them.  And it's good that they are all in the mix.  The debate will be spirited (but too long), the investigation into everything about them will be excruciating, and in the end we'll emerge with a better candidate.

At this point John Kasich, the Governor of Ohio, is my guy.  As Peggy Noonan indicated in her column this morning,
"...John Kasich, with one of the best résumés of any candidate ever—18 years in the House, six of them as Budget Committee chairman, and two terms as governor of Ohio, re-elected by an astounding 31 points—will likely declare. I don’t know if he knows where the base is, but he seems to know where America is."
This guy is the real deal.  I don't know if his voice can be heard through all the candidates, but he is experienced, smart, likable, open and humble.  He could make a difference and I hope he gets a chance.

And you know what?  Marco Rubio would make a great running mate.  A mature, seasoned, experienced guy to head the ticket and a young up and comer who appeals to a growing demographic in the country to inherit the mantle.   Give Marco a chance to gain executive skills as VP.  Right now he's a charismatic, first term Senator with little executive experience with some great potential.  Sound familiar?  Let's not do that again.

Here's a graphic of the candidates that a friend posted over on FB.  To me, it rings true.  Mind you it's only for Republicans because the Democrats are expecting a coronation.  But I don't think (fervently hope?) that will happen.  At the end of the day I have faith that the American people will not vote for someone as corrupt and untrustworthy as Hillary.  I have to have to think that they will finally look at her record of accomplishment and see...nothing.  

I think I'm like most folks.  I don't want someone too far either way.  I want someone who is smart, experienced, compassionate, and will listen.  Someone who is measured.  Someone who is proud of us and we can be proud of.  Someone who understands the unique nature of our country in the world.  And someone who will reach out to the other side to govern.  And to my mind, that guy is John Kasich.

Or we could just vote for a Clinton or a Bush.  Been there, done that.  How's that been?

No comments: