Friday, July 12, 2013

Courage

Just when I'm feeling all cynical and pessimistic, something comes along that renews my belief in the human spirit.  Something that makes my heart swell and, frankly, my eyes leak.  This girl...this 16 year old girl has endured unspeakable abuse.  She was attacked for going to school!   Not only attacked, but her death was the ultimate goal of the low life Taliban scum.  But she has persevered.  She has recovered and come back stronger.  She is, quite simply, the epitome of courage and should be an inspiration to all of us.  This is long...but you should watch it.  You will be hearing more from her!

And mark my words...several years from now there will be similar stories of abuse from that part of the world and there will be a hue and cry, from many who today say get out, that we should "do something".  There was a plan.  A credible plan.  That plan was abandoned by the current CINC.  It's on him.  No one else.  Mark my words...



No comments: