Friday, March 6, 2015

Where Is The Outrage?

I saw a link over on FB about ISIS executing homosexuals by throwing them off the roofs of tall buildings, bound and blindfolded.  In a line of unspeakable brutality, this is another atrocity that is difficult to comprehend.  So naturally I googled it.  I found several posts from various blogs and one story on Daily Mail.com.  You can read about it here.  It is pretty graphic and, if you're like me, you will find it hard to believe.

But equally hard to believe is the fact that this story is not even covered by any major media outlets that I can find.  I quickly reviewed several news web sites.  Some of the leads are Harrison Ford's plane crash, the big Selma anniversary event, Hillary's email fiasco,  Ferguson, and the Senator Melendez fiasco, among other things.  Only ABC news had anything remotely related when they reported about an offensive in Iraq going against ISIS.  It seems to me that a lot of people sit around and pontificate about the Holocaust and insist that it will never happen again.  But it is.  We are seeing unspeakable brutality unfold before our eyes.  We are seeing people being put to death in unimaginable ways for the crime of being Christian or Homosexual.  We are seeing hatred and death being perpetuated across the Middle East.  I don't know how we combat it if it's only being reported on by blogs and little known news outlets.  It appears that the major focus of most news outlets today is to figure out how to protect Hillary.  It's really sad.  And scary!


No comments: