Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pulling Back

Okay...I've finally had it.  I've had this disquieting feeling over the last year or so that I'm being increasingly bombarded with vitriolic hatred spewed out by ignorant zealots.  Not just on politics but in every day life.  It seems that everywhere I turn people are moving to their corners.  If you have an opinion, more and more seem to have an extreme opinion.  And it's really getting tiresome.  In the last few weeks it seems to have gotten radically worse.  The Indiana RFRA has really accentuated it.  I mean, the media totally and completely misreported the issue.  They spring loaded to one side and bombarded us with lies.  Now don't get me wrong, there are two sides to that story.  And both have good points.  And the law was deficient.  And there may have even been some malice.  But please...it wasn't as reported by the zealots on both sides.  Another crazy thing is Ted Cruz running for President.  Ted Cruz.  Really?  In what universe would he have a chance?  And don't even get me started about Hillary.  I've posted about it previously.  In what universe to people still like, admire, and trust her?  And now we have Obama striking a deal with the Iranians on nuclear reductions.  Please.  For a good example of success in that area look at North Korea.  Their wished for agreement means nothing.  But...I get the desire to try.  I get the need for diplomacy.  The problem is that you can't believe anyone.  Mostly you can't believe Obama.  I mean you totally can't believe him.  But then the Republicans  obstruct just to obstruct.  And I look at social media and it's just as bad.  Maybe worse.  It's filled with hate filled nonsense.

So I've had it.  I'm pulling back.  I've unfriended/unfollowed a ton of people and organizations.  My FB and Twitter life has become very restricted.  I'm now only in contact with friends and family.  And my TV is going to tune in a lot more to ESPN, HGTV, the Golf Channel (when I can get away with it), and whatever channel has Seinfeld, Friends, or Big Bang Theory.  I'm getting way to old for the stress and angst of listening to assholes who can't see anything but their way.  No more listening BS from people who know it's BS but don't care.  If someone is interested in my opinion, they can meet me here.  If they want to discuss something, fine.  If they want the truth, fine.  But no BS.  No extremes.  No assholes.  So there.


No comments: