Sunday, August 30, 2015

Christians in the Middle East

The story has been unfolding for months.  The unspeakable atrocities committed by ISIS against Christians in Iraq is almost beyond our comprehension.  Saw a story this morning about a small organization called World Help who are trying to help.  You can see it here.  You can find out more about them at Worldhelp.net.  I've checked them out as a charity and you could do a lot worse than give some of your charitable contributions to them. 
I also put it up on FB just so maybe a few more people could see just how bad it is.  And it strikes me that we went to heroic lengths to save Berlin from the oppression of the Communists but Christians are slaughtered in the Middle East and we look the other way.  I think the people in charge who are sitting back and letting this happen should be ashamed.  I know as an American I just can't believe that we are doing nothing.  Someday these ISIS assholes will get their comeuppance, but it won't be while the current crowd is in charge.  

No comments: