Friday, August 14, 2015

What Did You Do When You Were 18?

I was just graduating from high school.  1968.  The age of flower children, make love not war, if it feels good...do it, and all the other craziness of the age.  Looking back on them those years were for me pretty idyllic and innocent.  I was going off to a local junior college.  Didn't have the grades for a regular college or university.  Nor did I have the focus or desire to go that route.  My parents had limited education and supported me...but they didn't push me.  Junior college was essentially an extension of high school for me.  No decisions need be made.  Keep going to class, keep going to parties, keep going to the beach, keep being mystified by girls, keep having fun.  It took a few years (and a very good woman) but I finally got my act together.  And I've lived a happy and I think pretty productive life.

That preamble seems appropriate when looking at these two photos.  Society seems pretty frayed these days.  This is a good example.  Now I'm not saying everyone has to be a hero.  I certainly wasn't.  But for God's sake...try not to be a dirtbag.



No comments: