Saturday, September 5, 2015

Hillary

So she finally sat down for an interview!  With Andrea Mitchell of all people.  Now Andrea has been around a long time and is an established reporter.  But she is clearly a sycophant to the Clintons.  She is clearly sympathetic to the power crowd.  Oh she asked a few questions that weren't softballs, but generally provided Hillary a platform to spin her story.  You can see it here.

But there is an interesting explanation about her email that caused my bullshit flag to raise pretty high.  Here it is:

She explained that she had used a personal email account as a senator from New York and didn't spend much time considering alternatives when she became secretary of state in 2009. "I did all my business on my personal email [in the Senate]," Clinton said. "I was not thinking a lot when I got in [to the State Department]. There was so much work to be done. We had so many problems around the world. I didn't really stop and think what kind of email system will there be."
"This was fully above board, people knew I was using a personal email, I did it for convenience. I sent emails that I thought were work related to people's dot gov accounts," she added.

So there was "so much work to be done".  There were so many problems (because of Bush don't you know).  She just couldn't stop and think about her server.  But wait a minute...any government employee I don't care who they are gets an indoctrination to the job.  They are told all kinds of rules and regulations.  For someone like SecState it's probably tailored and one-on-one, but it happens.  And part of that is getting a .gov email address.  So if she was so busy, if there were so many things going on, if she had to solve enormous problems, how is it that she took the time to decline the .gov email address and decided to continue to use her server knowing that as SecState almost every communication she had would be classified.  It's reverse logic.  Doesn't make sense.

No comments: