Saturday, November 7, 2015

Debt Kills!

I think I've probably posted this at some point in the past.  It's still incredibly relevant.  I like how it simplifies the story.  Most people don't pay much attention.  It's just a number that the media puts up and everyone yawns.  Obama and his blind followers certainly don't.  They've added more to the debt than all the President's before him combined.  But this is a hole.  A deep hole. And I don't care who is the next President up at the plate, they will have to deal with it.  And it will be painful.  Painful for the political class and painful for the people.  I always told my kids when they were growing up to be careful.  It's okay to make mistakes, just make sure they aren't deadly mistakes.  I really fear that this "mistake" will be deadly to our country and our way of life.  I saw a graphic in the WSJ this morning examining how the populace looks at capitalism and free enterprise.   It is very scary that less than 50% believe in those fundamental American principles.  I say scary because, in my view, those principles are the only way we're going to dig out of this hole.  Government cannot do it.  And if we think it can, we are acquiescing to becoming a country of big, bigger and biggest government that dictates our way of life.  That Obama has made it incredibly worse shows what a coward he is.  But we know this.

























And here's the other half of the economic argument.  That is the authoritarian argument.  The Conservative Wahoo has a great post today about the response today's college age generation has to things they find offensive.  You can read it here.  Now, I'm trying real hard not to stereotype, but I see this all the time.  The world has become so politically correct that it is sometimes difficult and even dangerous to speak one's mind.  And so many retreat.  They let the other guy do it.  Old guys like me generally are willing to say what we believe.  After all, what do I have to lose.  And I'm not trying to say we're always right.  But at least we have the courage of our convictions.  Young people have to start questioning the dogma they are being indoctrinated with from academia and the media.  Question everything.  The best evidence that they are meekly and willingly marching to a future where the government tells them what to think is the support Hillary is receiving in that demographic.  I mean, how do they not see what a liar and elitist that she is?  It is beyond me.  And very disheartening.

No comments: