Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The First Debate

It's in the can.  Finis.  Like so many I watched the whole thing.  I thought it went pretty much as most thought it would go, with one exception.  Trump won some points.  Clinton won some points.  There were times during the debate when each was on the offensive and the defensive.  Clinton was her usual smug self.  She was in command of the facts as she chooses to understand them.  Trump was general in nature as usual.  He repeated himself.  He was his usual bombastic self.  I guess if I were scoring points I'd give it to Clinton because by the generally accepted criteria of knowing facts, she was better.  Of course, the big problem is that, while you know Trump is being general in nature and fast and loose with facts, you just never know what to believe with Hillary.

For the last 24 hours there has been no shortage of analysis by every so-called expert that the media could scrape up.  If there is anything that is true in this whole mess, it's that where you stand depends on where you sit.  Oh there are a few "undecideds" out there, but I think they mostly just say that to get attention.  By now, you'd have to be a moron to not have a pretty good idea what you think about these two knuckleheads.  But anyway, the lib media think Hillary won; the conservative media think Trump won.  Simple as that.  There are a lot of polls popping up but be very careful when listening to polls.  Some are simple call ins that anyone can participate in and aren't very credible.

So now we move on to the next debate.  It's between the two VP candidates.  Yawn!  Does anyone care.  I'll probably watch if I don't have anything else to do.  But come on...in this three ring circus, that's not even in the tent.

So we'll see how the next big debate goes.  I'm not sure, but I bet Trump comes out pretty aggressively.  But we'll see.

I said above that there was one exception to how I thought it would go.  I hate to say it because I like him (and he's a snazzy dresser) but Lester Holt was a huge disappointment.  He was blatantly unfair.  His questions to Trump were tough; his questions to Hillary were softballs.  No question about it.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but still, it's disappointing.  A friend sent this to me.  Sums it up pretty well...

No comments: