Friday, January 5, 2018

Sleazy

By now everyone who pays attention to politics and what's happening on that stage has heard about the new sensational book by Michael Wolff called "Fire and Fury, Inside the Trump White House".  I'm not even sure why I'm writing a post on this subject because it is being addressed ad nauseum by tons of people.  But it's such a hit job, so arrogantly superior, and so obviously false that I've just got to say something.

First, I've not read the book nor will I.  I've read a pretty long excerpt and a few articles that purport to quote Wolff and provide a good overview.  To me it just has no credibility.  Almost every example and vignette he describes contains disdain for Trump that is over the top.  He state that 100% of the people in the White House think Trump is unqualified for the job.  100%.  Come on.  He state that Trump is incompetent.  A guy who has made billions and build an empire all over the world.  Incompetent.  Come on.  He states over and over radical examples of Trump derangement syndrome. So in the end I just wind up thinking this guy is full of shit.

Second, He is also incredibly mean in handling the President's family.  The descriptions of his relationships with his children and his wife are just downright mean.  No other description for it.  I guess the crazy leftists will love this and it will be raw meat for a certain segment of the population, but I don't like it at all.  And I don't see how he got the info without wild conjecture.  Once again, I just think he's full of shit.

Third, the area I do fault the administration is in even giving this asshole access.  Should have never happened.  I can cut them some slack because the first days of the administration were pretty chaotic. But someone should have suspected that this guy was up to no good and kicked him out.

So the book will sell millions of copies.  He and his publisher will become rich.  But at the end of the day my view is it's a thinly disguised partisan hit job that lacks any credibility.

No comments: