Friday, March 1, 2013

Don't Be Fooled

So the day has finally arrived.  Sequester....the end of the world!!  Only we're still here.  At least I think we are.  I happen to be in Asia and things are bustling along.  Only real evidence is the foreign press mocking the craziness of our politicians.  But that's another story.


Usually, I'm loath to play the blame game.  I wrote about it here just because its so maddening.  Anyone who thinks this whole mess isn't totally (okay...maybe only 90%) Obama's fault either is
blinded by rhetoric, refuses to see or listen to the truth, or is clueless.  This whole thing was his idea!  That is clear.  He will not or doesn't know how to lead.  That is clear.  His mindset bigger government, punish the "rich", and make the population more dependent on government
handouts.  That is clear.

So I'm in a weird place.  I know sequester isn't good.  I know it will be tough on many people.  There will be painful cuts.   Hell, it will have ramifications in my business and my life.  But I have come to the point that anything he is for I am against.  He started this class warfare crap so I guess I'll just have to join the fight.  I've heard it said that the country is strong enough to withstand any foolish President.  But I'm not so sure.  Certainly if that's true, there needs to be opposition.  Count me in.

The thing that really disappoints me is the widespread trust in what he says.  It's like 50% of the country are Lemmings.  Oh I get political loyalty...I get sticking with your guy...I even get supporting him because he's black and it's cool to support a black dude in the White House.  But come on...there has to be basic competence, there has to be love of country, there has to be leadership.  I just don't seeany of that in Obama.  And that really scares me...






No comments: