Monday, July 6, 2020

Down the Drain

I've come to the conclusion that President Trump really doesn't care if he's reelected or not.  And after some of his recent head scratching actions, I almost think he would just as soon retire to his place in Florida and live the good life.  His rhetoric is as divisive as I've ever seen it and he seems tone deaf when it comes to some of the cultural and social upheaval occurring in the country.  His leadership in the pandemic has been very weak and in this like almost everything else he sees everything as a personal attack on him.  It seems like every week there is another "tell all" book that rakes him over the coals.  It's not that these books mean anything, it's that they are a distraction and he gets all wound around the axle over them.  I've just never seen anyone trying so hard to torpedo his own chances.  And the media smells blood in the water every hour of every day and attack him relentlessly.  I really don't know how he takes it and maybe he's decided he doesn't want four more years of this shit.  If the Dems put up almost anyone else but Biden, he'd already be toast.  There's still time I guess but I don't see him changing.  I'm sure that there are a lot of people like me who can't really even imagine voting for Biden, but there are way more that he is making the decision easy for.  I'm not at the "turn out the lights the party's over" stage yet...but I'm close.

No comments: