Thursday, December 31, 2020

Optimism and Hope

 If there is a day that people look to the future with optimism and hope, it's January 1st of every year.  No matter how the previous year turned out, most of us look to the future with optimism and hope.  And why not?  2020 has brought more challenges to the entire planet than perhaps any year in recent history.  I say recent because there have been a lot worse years than 2020 in human history, but this year has been fundamentally challenging to most.  I don't need to detail all those challenges, but I bet every person has felt a sense of despair at one time or another .  But the arrival of a new year brings with it a natural desire for a fresh start.  And no matter what your circumstances, looking forward with hope, optimism, and a determination that things will be better in the future is only good for your soul...and your psyche,

As for me, I'm walking into 2021 with a clear heart and mind.  If you owe me, don't worry about it.  If you wronged me, it's all good, lesson learned.  If you're angry with me you won.  I've let it go.  If you feel I've wronged you, I apologize.  It wasn't intentional.  I'm grateful for every experience that I've received.  Life is too short for pent-up anger, holding of grudges and extra stress or pain.  Here's to 2021 and remember, forgiving someone is for you so you don't block your blessings.  Make 2021 a year of positivity and a season of forgiveness.  HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!



2 comments:

STS said...

Happy New Year Commodore!!

Unknown said...

Great post. We should all try to adhere to your thoughts on the new year