Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ramblings

Lots of thoughts going through my head the last few days.  But no time to coalesce into a coherent post.  Too much going on elsewhere...  So here are a few thoughts about things that have caught my attention.  This is in the "For what it's worth" category.  Read or not...up to you.  Of course, that was the original premise...read or not...it's up to you.

The thing about the nut job here in SoCal who killed a few innocent people and then led the police on a manhunt for several days was beyond strange.  This guy was obviously disturbed.  It appears they finally got him this afternoon.  But two things stood out for me.  Once again, the media has proven to be one of the worst parts of our society.  They are like drooling dogs.  I'm still a fundamental supporter of the first amendment but the media (in general) are an embarrassment.  Of course, I guess maybe they are just responding to demand.  So what does that say about us?  Second, what is up with the people who voiced support for this guy.  I mean, huh?

The Benghazi thing is still simmering.  Thought it was over.  But now we are hearing of the non-attention by Obama the night of the killings.  The worst thing is I'm not surprised.

We found out this week that the entire National Security team wanted to devise a plan to help the Syrian rebels.  They were overridden by Obama.  Nice.  60,000 dead in Syria.  The regime there are lackeys for the Iranians.  As long as Assad stands Iran has access to the Med and to thousands of rabid, radical Islamists.  But no...don't help the rebels.  Is it anything but politics?  I don't think so.

State of the Union speech was tonight.  Who cares?  Obama did the same old BS.  Platitudes.  Promises.  Us against them.  Balanced approach (redistribution).  Need to spend money (we don't have) on this, and that, and the other.  "We can come together" said over and over...but it's BS.  He clearly isn't interested in compromise.  Sequester would be irresponsible.  This after he and his cronies devised it.  I'm part of the "military-industrial complex" but as an American, as a taxpayer...I say bring it on.  You made your bed.  I gave this guy the benefit of the doubt for the longest time.  No more.  No more being Charlie to his Lucy.

Several weeks ago someone told me I should check out "Downton Abbey" on PBS.  Didn't know much about it so watched the first episode.  Now addicted.  I can't believe it.  It's a show about a bunch of shallow British aristocrats in the 1920's.  It should not be something I'm remotely interested in.  But...there's something about that show.  I probably shouldn't admit it.

I live in SoCal and the weather is never bad...but I'm ready for summer...

No comments: