Saturday, April 19, 2014

Lazy

I've been lazy...really lazy.  Been busy at work, new house, landscaping, kids games, blah, blah, blah. I started this blog to comment once in a while about contemporary issues.  But I've let it go a bit.  It's pretty easy just to repost something and be done with it.  So if you've been here a few time and didn't see any new thought, sorry about that!

So I'm going to try a new thing to see if I can kick start my blogging after a bit of a hiatus.  It's called "sez me". I think this will give me a chance to just spout off on things without providing a big background or context.  The onus is on you, the reader, to know what the hell I'm talking about.  If you do, great.  If you don't, too bad.  So here goes...


  • Saw an article about a petition being circulated at a Topeka High School protesting Michelle Obama as commencement speaker.  On the one hand, that's not cool.  She is the First Lady after all.  On the other, she is speaking to commemorate Brown v. Board of Education.  Huh?  I get marking the date.  But this (like everything they do) is blatantly political.  If I was a high school kid in Topeka, I'd be pissed.  Let her stay home.
  • The Ferry sinking in Korea was horrible.  A tragedy.  Can you imagine being one of the divers looking for bodies in that cold and murky water?  Not me!  Heard the Captain left the ship before all survivors were off.  Not good.  If there is one inviolate principle on the seas, it's that the Captain stays with the ship.
  • I really enjoy watching the Padres on TV.  But I wonder if it's because I really like the Padres or TV is shit.  Hmmmm...think I really know.  

No comments: