Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pride Weekend


So the Gay Pride (It might be more properly called LGBT Pride.  I'm not sure) weekend comes to San Diego this weekend.  This event has been going on for 40 years.  That segment of the population has really evolved.  In fact I don't know of any other social change that has occurred as rapidly as the support for gay issues in mainstream society.  I've written about this a few times over the life of the Blog.  You can read one of them here which fairly reflects my views.   You will see all the politicians, all those who worship at the altar of political correctness, a fair number of weirdos, and lots of "normal" folks attending the parade and various events.  Good for them.

But for me this is just another event to point out our differences.  I'm sick of it.  The government does it to us continually so why do we have to do it to ourselves.  I can't stand and I really fear the "Balkanization" of America.  We are all in this together.   We are all Americans.  So why do we need events like this to point out our differences.  And what is this "pride" thing all about?  I just don't get it.  Shouldn't we all be proud of who we are?  I don't know...maybe I'll never get it.  Maybe this one has just passed me by.  Don't know.

No comments: