Thursday, November 27, 2014

Ferguson

I guess, because it's been in continually in the news, that sooner or later there would be a post about Ferguson.  But as an old, white, baby boomer who is a registered Republican and has never been in a tussle with the police, it's a difficult stretch to say something that would sound anything other than trite.  Oh I could trot out all the stuff about personal responsibility, parenting disfunction, flouting authority, the arrogance and stupidity of challenging the police, etc, etc, etc.  But why?  Who would listen?  Like I said, my credibility on this issue is not very high.  But I read something today that seemed to me to hit the nail on the head.  It's a post from an NFL player, Benjamin Watson, regarding the whole Ferguson situation on his Facebook page  It is short, direct, authored by someone highly credible, and from my perspective, is spot on.  So I think I'll let him do the talking...you can read it here.





No comments: