Sunday, July 30, 2017

Discrimination

I've been watching the ridiculous comments about the issue of transgender acceptance in the military. It's really quite amazing.  So here's the short history.  Last year in his effort to remake the military by social experimentation, Obama opened up the ranks to transgender people.  I guess he thought it was akin to accepting black people or gay people.  It's not.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that anyone who is going through this kind of experience has significant physical and emotional challenges.  They will need extensive surgery, continuing medical care, ongoing drug administration, and psychological counseling that will probably never end.  Of course, a guy like Obama and his sycophants would never get that someone with those kinds of problems should not be remotely qualified for military service.  That's because, like a lot of things he mandated, he had no experience in real life so he could cavalierly make an edit that dramatically impacts the millions currently serving.

But a guy like me telling it like it is makes no difference.  A guy like me trying to explain the realities of military service and the incompatability of someone going thru a sexual transition will be written off as another old guy not in tune with the times.  That's okay.  Because there are others with a better way of expressing themselves who can explain far better than me. You can read a great blog post about this issue here.  Andy has captured the dynamic of the issue far better than I ever could.  Let me just say that I associate myself with his remarks to an extreme degree.

As I've said over on FB as I shared his post, it's not about discrimination.  If people want to change sexes, have at it.  I don't understand it, but have at it.  I still maintain that some are committed and some are not.  Unless we're talking surgery, we're talking dress up.  But like I said, knock yourself out.  Do what you want.  Just don't try and say it's normal.  Don't try and say there is no impact to other aspects of life.  And don't think you can upset what is a balance of action in the military.  Because you're talking about the defense of the nation.  And that's nothing to be taken lightly.

No comments: