Friday, October 27, 2023

THE FREE PRESS

I have become a HUGE admirer of The Free Press.  It's a site that was started by Bari Weiss and is as fair as anything I see in the media world.  Bari was a reporter at the New York Times before she decided to leave mainstream media and strike out on her own.  She started a blog called "Common Sense" and it really took off.  After several months she upscaled to establish The Free Press.  The stories are widely diverse but I rarely find something that is not interesting, relevant, thoughtful and unbiased.  If you'd like to check it out go here.   There is a subscription charge of $50 per year but I think it is well worth it.  

For full disclosure Bari is Jewish and a lesbian.  She wears neither as a badge, but rather a fact of life.  As a result of her Jewishness, there have been an inordinate number of stories about Israel of late.  I don't mind that because I am squarely in Israel's corner.    

No comments: