Sunday, October 8, 2017

Game of Thrones

For the last several years like anyone else I've heard about this series called Game of Thrones.  Strange name.  I knew it was some sort of fantasy story and that's about it.  Since I didn't have HBO and that's the only place to watch it, well then no sweat.  Since I couldn't watch it I wouldn't miss it.


About 3 weeks ago I got a text from AT&T telling me they were adding HBO to our TV package for no charge.  Sweet.  Of course, after reviewing some of the programming I didn't think I'd been missing much.  But with the state of network TV these days, I figured that having more options couldn't be a bad thing.  And then I remembered that Game of Thrones is on HBO and maybe I could watch it.  But I don't want to just pick up since it's been going for a while, so I did an 'on demand' search and went back to the first episode in the first season.  Turns out that is 2011!  Yikes.  I've got 6 years of programming to catch up on.  But not to worry, I've got time.

So earlier this week I started watching.  It's not something my wife would sit still for so I'm on my own here.  So far I've watch 5 episodes and I've got to admit, it's pretty addictive.  The dialog is such is that it's sometimes difficult to figure out what the hell is going on, who the good guys are and who the bad guys are, and where the thing is going, but it does grip you.  I'm starting to get why so many are gaa gaa over this show.  Since I've got so far to go it's going to take a while, but like I said, I've got time.  And I hope that as I go along I'll start to figure out all the characters in more depth.  I'm also sorta surprised at the sex.  I mean, there's a lot of it.  And there's not much left to the imagination.  So good story, lots of sex, plenty of violence and blood and gore, and set decoration that is pretty impressive.  What's not to like?

No comments: