Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Trump Support Explained

How do we explain this phenomenon of the Trump Presidency?  Maybe more importantly, how do we reconcile ourselves to it?  I saw a post by one of my favorites, CDR Salamandar today that goes a long way toward achieving that goal.  It's called "Trumpism, Never-Trumpism, and Their Discontents".  He uses some input from another one of my favorites, Victor Davis Hanson, but it is pretty spot on from my perspective.  You can read it here.  

I really, really resonate with this quote at the end.  This is me! 
"In the end, I am content with the following; I am more than happy to apologize to others for a President Trump; I could never forgive myself for a President Hillary.
We may have been hit with a baseball bat, but we missed a load of napalm. Bruises and breaks heal just fine."

No comments: