Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pet Peeve Wednesday

Every Wednesday I do this fun little feature.  It usually doesn't take too much thought to think of something that bugs me and write about it.  It's usually not earth shattering.  Funny little annoyances mostly.  Things you'd never really comment on but it feels sorta good to vocalize the frustration.  No big deal...just a small vent.   This week and because of the time of year it was particularly easy to think of a subject.  After all it's Christmas time.  And that brings me to this week's pet peeve.

We've all seen and heard the idiots who carp about nativity scenes on public property.  Folks who need to get a life.  We hear about "holiday trees", "holiday cards", "holiday songs", etc, etc, etc.  All this complaining is, to me, the ultimate in stupidity.  I mean, there is no forcing of anything by anyone in celebrating Christmas.  And society gives plenty of attention to Hannakuh, Kwanza, Festivus, Rammadan, or whatever else anyone wants to celebrate.   After all, the country was founded by Christians, so it's pretty natural that we celebrate Christian traditions. As we used to say when I was a kid, "if it feels good, do it".  But some folks feel a need to see the negative in everything.  Here's my simple advice.  Just go about your business.  Let people alone who want to get a few moments of happiness by celebrating something that makes them feel good in this big old troubled world.  Is that too much to ask?  I don't think so.  Oh, and the second part of this vent is the need to use the politically correct term "Happy Holidays" when wishing someone well this time of year.  It's funny how many people have blindly bought into that nonsense.  As for me, I wish you all a  Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Merry Christmas to you, too!

Anonymous said...

Concur. Merry Christmas.