Monday, January 9, 2017

Meryl Streep


I woke up this morning to a flurry of activity in both MSM and social media regarding the Golden Globes last night and in particular her speech.  Plenty of comments on both sides.  Now I will agree and stipulate that she is one of the best actors of our time.  No question about it.  She is great at reading lines and showing emotion.  However...I had to turn it off becuase I thought it was going to make me puke.  But everyone has the right to spout whatever nonsense they want.  All of the MSM outlets have gushed over her nasty, condescending speech.  But for a different take check out an article by one of my favorites, Mollie Hemingway, here.  She has a bit of a different spin.  And I think it is spot on!


As I've said before and many times, there are so many who just don't get the devisiveness that Obama has perpetrated on our country.  His tenure will surely be evaluated as a time in which Americans were continuously pitted against each other.  A time when so many were determined to be deplorable.  So that has begat Trump.  As I've also said, he wasn't my guy.  But I'll give him a chance.  


No comments: