Sunday, October 7, 2012

Beer

My first real post and it's about beer.  Imagine that?  I have a lot of friends who are really into wine and all the various intricacies involved in being a wine expert.  One even has a wine blog.  But for me wine just doesn't do it.  Too complicated.  Too many varieties.  Dare I say it...too snooty.  So I'm a beer guy.  But lately beer is coming into it's own.  The small microbrewery is becoming more and more popular.  And it turns out that So Cal, and San Diego in particular, has a bunch of great microbreweries.  Check them out here  http://www.sandiegoisbrewing.com/.  My current favorite is Stone Brewery and the beer that does it for me is Stone IPA.  Very smooth.  Hoppy and nutty.  Another is Karl Strauss.  Their Amber Ale is soothing and delicious.  If you're up the coast in Petaluma try Lagunitas Brewery.  Their IPA is very good.  A really good beer that I've been drinking lately is Sierra Nevada Torpedo.  Yum.  There are a lot of breweries in the local area and the experimentation with new types, flavors, and brews is fun to watch. 

1 comment:

Tara Pritchett said...

We need to venture out to Stone Brewery...sooner rather than later :)