Thursday, October 11, 2012

Smirks

Both Ryan and Biden had points to make.  I happen to agree with Ryan on most of the subjects but I don't think this debate moved the needle on the Presidential race.  However...my view, as it seems is the case with many others, is that Biden came across as arrogant, obnoxious, condescending, and smug.  It was really disturbing.  Not what I expect from someone in his position.

And this thing about specifics.  These guys are at the strategic level.  They need to set a framework and direction and then negotiate specifics.  The key is to get to the table, something Obama hasn't been willing or able to do.  The questions about specifics makes no sense to me.  We know what Romney's 5 points are.  We know what their goals are.  We know what the basis of action will be.  That is what the average person should need to know to make a decision.

But I believe most will think it was a draw.  The question will be how distasteful people will think Biden was and what impact that will have.

No comments: