Monday, January 21, 2013

An Anniversary

January 22, 1973...40 years.  Roe v Wade of course.  That decision had profound influence on our culture.   The battles have been monumental.  Pro-life vs pro-choice.  The absolutism has always distressed me.  This is such a difficult, emotional, devastating, life and death issue that I just don't think one size fits all.  Each case is different.  Each circumstance heart wrenching.  I came across a short article that describes my feelings pretty well.  Read it and think about it.  Because this issue isn't going away.  And it's too important to ignore.  Repeal would be idiotic.  But the stats are scary.  Better solutions needed.  I didn't agree with Bill Clinton a lot, but I totally resonate with his comment that "abortions should be safe, legal, and rare".

No comments: