Monday, January 7, 2013

Nostalgia

Owing most likely to my age and experiences, I'm a big fan of many things I remember from earlier days.  Don't get me wrong, I'm also a big fan of all the modern things we see around us.  But there is just something about some of the things I remember from my youth, especially those that personify Americana in simpler days.

One of those things are Norman Rockwell paintings.  I've always really liked them.  Remember seeing them in the Saturday Evening Post when I was a kid.  Gave me a warm feeling.  This group of photos and the paintings upon which they are based are not only interesting, but really remind me how talented he was.  I like them all very much, but I think I like this one the best...



























1 comment:

Tara Pritchett said...

Love this...puts things in to perspective.