Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Hate To Say I Told You So, But...

Way back in October, 2012 when I started Mike's At The Beach and the election was looming I had a post titled, "How Dumb Do They Think We Are?".  It was all about Proposition 30, that fleecing of the taxpayers by Gov. Brown and his teacher's union cronies.  I speculated then that we can be pretty dumb, so it would probably pass.

Now we are starting to see some of the shenanigans that are typical of the teacher's union starting to emerge.   “Prop. 30s TOUGH FISCAL CONTROLS insure money is spent ONLY on schools and public safety.”  That's what all the ads said.  But not so fast.  Read this story in today's UT.    Turns out only about half the money is going to the classroom.  The rest is going to eliminating furloughs and pay raises.  You almost have to admire their audaciousness.  I mean it's only been two months and they are already sticking it in our eye.  I guess that's what you can do when you control the Governor's office and the legislature with a super majority.  

Back in October I asked how dumb they thought we were.  Turns out we were really dumb and they knew it!  

No comments: