Saturday, January 5, 2013

Drugs

Not what you're thinking, but rather drugs for medicinal purposes.  If you read my post about breaking my arm on New Year's Eve, it's probably no surprise that I'm on a cocktail of pain meds and  Antibiotics.  Thank goodness for these drugs but, as in most things, there is no free lunch.  I would be much worse off without the pain meds and suspect that the Antibiotics are protecting me from some dreadful infection.  But they come with nausea, dizziness, sleepiness, and a general inability to focus.  It's a weird feeling.  I have never taken these things before so it comes as a bit of a surprise.  You read about side effects, but it doesn't hit home until it hits you.  Now don't get me wrong...I'm very thankful that modern medicine has developed such wonderful and critically helpful drugs.  But at absolutely the first opportunity, I'm off these things!!

No comments: